Entrepreneurs Need Therapy
Therapy is for everyone, and it might hold special power for entrepreneurs, who shoulder a lot of responsibility (and guilt… and stress… and busy-ness). Therapist and entrepreneur Laurie Dierstein shares why therapy helps – and the 4 ways everyone needs to pay better attention to their own needs, both physical and emotional.
In this episode, listen out for:
- Why therapy isn’t always delving into your childhood (unless you want it to be)
- Why you will fix coping mechanisms in therapy, even though you’re not having a breakdown
- Eliminating the word “should” from your vocabulary
- The power of play and enjoyment in your life
- How to stop leveraging “fun” to make yourself get things done
- The power of a 30-second reset on your day
- Why a 7-second hug helped April shake her nerves before a big presentation
Laurie was first exposed to mental health treatment in Boston, MA where she worked with institutionalized adults in a state psychiatric hospital. She then dove into community-based care while living on the island of Oahu, HI where she worked as a crisis counselor and provided street side interventions to the school system, the homeless population, hospitals, and rural communities. It was in this role that Laurie adopted the approach of improving self-care while focusing on nutrition and physical activity as practical ways to improve mood and confidence.
Laurie founded Beach Counseling, LLC in 2016 to bring this approach to treatment. In her outpatient practice, she initially worked with clients diagnosed with chronic diseases, primarily infertility and problems affecting fertility. She also worked with a large number of clients diagnosed with borderline diabetes.
REBOOT: Mind, Body, Health was then born from the positive experiences Laurie’s clients had in their treatment and their ability to easily apply treatment concepts to shorten the duration of therapy. Less than a year later, Laurie bought Natural Balance Day Spa. Located close to her REBOOT location, the Natural Balance Day Spa is the perfect compliment to her approach that improving self-care is an important component to improve mood and confidence.
Connect with Laurie
- Visit the REBOOT website and connect with @REBOOTVB on Instagram
- Visit the Natural Balance Day Spa website & connect with @NaturalBalanceVB