Alexis Rockley is a published author, podcast host, speaker and career coach who’s helped thousands of people grow the seed of their idea into reality. Her first book, Find Your F*ckyeah: Stop Censoring Who You Are and Discover What You Really Want, was released in September 2019 and is a must-read for creatives looking to find their purpose without all the fluff.
After spending 11 years in corporate America working for a huge retail brand, managing $55+ million dollars in annual business, Alexis found herself burnt out and a victim of her own choices. She was only 28 years old. As a true millennial she turned to self-help books and Googled until she was blue in the face. Unfortunately, most of the books were merely common sense in a fun package.
One year into her self-help quest, the retail company restructured and gave her the option to take a severance package or move to another role. Alexis bet on herself and started down a road she never imagined she’d walk.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Why millennials are having life crises earlier than their parents
- How to decide which projects to monetize and which to keep as passion projects
- How to determine which entrepreneurship journey is YOURS to embark on
- Why Alexis wrote her book (Find Your F*ckyeah: Stop Censoring Who You Are and Discover What You Really Want) and who should read it
- A 7-step exercise that EVERYONE should do in regards to goals/big dreams and limiting beliefs
Connect with Alexis and Find Your F*ckyeah:
- Follow Alexis on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Visit her website here and check out her awesome podcast Call Me When You Get This.
- Buy her book Find Your F*ckyeah: Stop Censoring Who You Are and Discover What You Really Want on Amazon.
Alexis Rockley is a writer, speaker, anti-coach and human pep talk who translates the hard science of happiness for anyone who speaks emoji.
She spent 12 years climbing a corporate ladder managing the creative side of a multi-million dollar retail business. Alexis realized the “be impressive while you’re young” thing wasn’t all it was cracked up to be. She was burnt out and full of questions. How do people figure out WTF to do with their lives? Why are so many of us depressed, scared shitless and bored senseless?
Frustrated at the huge gap between hard science and #SelfCare dominating pop culture, she decided to roll up her sleeves and do the research for herself.
Two years and several science-rabbit-holes later, she holds her Specialization Certificate in Positive Psychology from the University of Pennsylvania. She’s the author of Find Your F*ckyeah: Stop Censoring Who You Are and Discover What You Really Want (available everywhere on Chronicle Books), host of the voicemail-style podcast, Call Me When You Get This, and the founder of #HowtoLikeBeingAlive, an e-newsletter helping millennials prioritize mental health, happiness & meaningful careers.
When she’s not working with clients or out leading workshops for creatives and entrepreneurs all over the country, she’s blowing her savings on Bay Area avocado toast and rescuing plants from Ikea.