In this episode, Rachael sits down with Lisa Gerber, author of FROM SO WHAT? TO SO FUNDED! and hostess of the Breaking Trail podcast. Lisa advises purpose-driven leaders on how to make their idea of change happen through effective storytelling and communication. Her training and coaching programs are designed to help organizations get noticed, shift perception, and get funded.
Lisa shares why the ability to inspire your audience to take action is so important. She also shares her top tips on how to use storytelling and experiences to show (not tell) what your brand is all about.
In today’s episode you’ll learn:
- How to stay in tune to the things that can inspire you
- Why it’s important to have an outlet to process ideas and inspiration
- How to write/rewrite your brand story in a way that makes people light up
- How nonprofits can grow the right community & nurture their audience
- 3 things any start up brands can learn from nonprofits
& SO MUCH MORE!
About Lisa Gerber
Lisa Gerber believes we all have the ability to make the world a better place one story at a time. To that end, she advises purpose-driven leaders on how to make their idea of change happen through effective storytelling and communication. Her training and coaching programs are designed to help organizations get noticed, shift perception, and get funded. Also, she is director of strategy for the Their Story is our Story, giving voice to refugees and is the author of From So What? to So Funded and the hostess of Breaking Trail podcast.
She is the creative behind the renaming of regional animal welfare organization Better Together Animal Alliance. Her work has also contributed to the passing of education tax levies and initiatives to fund teacher learning communities, as well as public input gathering for a major cleanup project that increases public access to waterfront.
When she is not in her office, she might be out skiing or trail running. This is where she does her best creative problem solving.
- Follow Lisa Gerber on Instagram @lisagerber
- Check out her website BigLeapCreative.com
- Buy Lisa Gerber’s book FROM SO WHAT? TO SO FUNDED!: How nonprofits use stories to create impact and change the world on Barnes & Noble or Amazon
- Listen to Lisa Gerber’s podcast Breaking Trail
Calling All Corporate Dropouts!