Show me the money, honey! Today we’re diving into Part 2 of our 3-Part Money Series talking about how to negotiate with prospective clients. Negotiating is an art and a skill anyone can learn. In this episode, we cover setting minimum rate expectations up front (so clients can qualify themselves), what you need to bring to the table when it’s time to show the value, and how to respond when you get asked to discount your rate.
In the beginning of working together, we’d spend hours crafting proposals just to get ghosted or immediately rejected by clients who A.) couldn’t afford our services or B.) were looking for the cheapest rate. Instead of wasting our time on dead ends, we got smarter at negotiating. One of the biggest changes we made was “qualifying” our prospects up front by setting minimum rate expectations.
On today’s episode you’ll learn:
- The framework to quality and vet people before you negotiate
- What to bring to the negotiation table
- Why you should offer more value instead of a discount
- What critical question to ask if your proposal gets turned down
- How to decide what to pay yourself
& SO MUCH MORE!