In this episode of The Corporate Dropout, Jessica Masciangelo, co-owner of Either Ore Jewelers Strawbridge, shares her inspiring journey as a second-generation entrepreneur. Jessica discusses her early introduction to the world of jewelry, growing up in a family of sales professionals, and the pivotal moments that led her to become a co-owner of the family-owned jewelry business.
In today’s episode you’ll learn:
- The story of Either Ore and how it became a mother-daughter owned business.
- How she helped bring the jewelry store into the 21st century.
- The value of determination, resilience, and mentorship in a male-dominated industry.
- Lessons learned from her mother, including the importance of listening and patience.
- Balancing being a mom of two young children with her role in the business.
- The impact of building genuine relationships with customers and the emotional connections made through custom jewelry.
- Jess’s plans for the future, including traveling trunk shows and intimate bridal consultations.
& SO MUCH MORE!
About Jessica Masciangelo
Jessica Masciangelo started working at Either Ore Jewelers Strawbridge when she was 12 years old. Her mother was the manager at the time, and Jessica would go in on Saturday’s to shadow her and help clean glass. This continued over the years as Jessica got older and long after her mother became owner of the store. Even while attending college, Jessica would come back to work in the jewelry store, learn about the business and what it took to be a jeweler from her mother. The summer before Jessica planned to pursue her masters, she was working in the store and fell in love with selling and happiness jewelry brings. She decided to shift career paths and follow in her mother’s footsteps. Jessica is now the co-owner of Either Ore Jewelers Strawbridge and focuses on custom projects, permanent bracelets and all things bridal! She has been together with her husband for 20 years and together they have two little girls.
- Visit Either Ore Jewelers Strawbridge website
- Follow Either Ore on Instagram @EitherOreJewelersStrawbridge
- Follow Either Ore on Facebook @Either-Ore-Jewelers-Strawbridge
Calling All Corporate Dropouts!