Like many great ideas, it started with margaritas.
We spent the first part of our marketing and PR careers working both in house and at a national agency. We met on Twitter, and then we worked together at a national agency. For over two years, we were a powerhouse team.
Over margaritas one night, at the end of a very long day, we asked each other… what’s stopping us from growing our own business?
We could work the way we like to work best with the people we like to work with. All we had to do was take the leap.
Was it the margarita talking?
The next morning we waited on the coffee to brew in the office kitchen. So… were you serious? With caffeine in place of tequila, the answer was yes. We were going to try.
And without a name or a plan, that is the moment Mix+Shine was unofficially born.
We’ve created a new agency model that curates the best marketing team for your specific business needs.
Bringing together a top-talent team of fun and dedicated professionals, we specialize in awareness campaigns that attract a larger audience to your brand through social media, PR and content.
After spending our careers working at big agencies, we decided to set out on our own and offer big brand results without all the red tape, fine print, and corporate fluff.
Unlike a typical agency –
- We don’t make our money marking up other people’s services. In fact — we negotiate advertising packages, promotional content, and event sponsorships on your behalf. (Because Rachael doesn’t pay full price for anything, and she doesn’t plan to start any time soon.)
- We’re not trying to keep you stuck in a contract. Sometimes agencies save their best ideas until the home stretch of a contract, reengaging in creative only when it’s time to renew. Our flexible contracts mean we give you our best all the time, and you have an out if your business goals change.
- We don’t take your money and then pass you off to a college intern. We work together as a team and want to be a trusted extension of your team. We’ll touch base in person, on Skype, or by phone at least twice a month so you always have your finger on the pulse.
Are you a growing business ready to scale up?
- If you want your marketing to be something you’re proud of, not something that’s weighing you down…
- And you’re tired of wasting money on advertising that’s not giving you the ROI you hoped for…
- Or you’re somehow getting by without a true marketing strategy; relying mostly on referral partners, word of mouth, and your sales team…
…then you know that what got you where you are, won’t get you where you want to go.
It’s time to take the leap like we did. Hand off your marketing to a trusted partner. Free up your creative energy to focus on what you do best.