Subscribe for Free On: Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Android Devices | RSS
Entrepreneurship is free of boards, bosses and committees- so get ready to come face to face with yourself. The Corporate Dropout co-host April Sciacchitano talks about when to quit your day job, getting out of the weeds, and thinking more broadly.
April had a front-row seat from her colleague Toni Carey (founder of Black Girls RUN!) starting her business. It’s when she knew for sure: That’s going to be me someday.
In this episode, you get to know April, as she shares when the timing is right to start your business, when to quit your day job, and the unexpected challenge of making the leap from your full-time gig.
Let’s get into it with –
- How early experiences shape your entrepreneurial journey
- The unexpected stress of dealing with YOURSELF instead of the bureaucracy
- Two secret things every entrepreneur needs to create for themselves: structure and community
- Why you MUST find a way to talk it out
- Why you need a purposeful creative endeavor
- How to reframe the thinking that gets you down on yourself
Calling All Corporate Dropouts!
Have you or someone you admire ditched your 9 to 5? We want to hear from you! Send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered as a guest.