New Year’s Resolutions can be overwhelming. Not only is the holiday season the most chaotic time of year for business owners, you’re likely trying to plan Q1 for the following year at the same time. And instead of reflecting on our wins/losses and lessons learned, we might feel as if we’re in a rat race to move quickly into promises of the New Year.
Today we’re challenging that mentality, and asking you to join us in truly reflecting on your past year as a business owner. This exercise doesn’t require anything but your time, a pen, a piece of paper, and your beverage of choice! When reflecting on your answers to the following questions, set a timer (as short or long as you’d like).
Wins & Accomplishments
- What were your big wins for the year?
- What were three small wins?
- What type of project(s) were you working on when you achieved these wins?
- What goals did you set for the year that you met or surpassed?
- What will you be taking from these wins into the New Year?
Losses (AKA Lessons)
- What goals did you fall short of meeting this year?
- What were the barriers to meeting these goals?
- Is there anything you could have done differently?
- What were your controllables? What was out of your control?
- What was one thing the loss taught you?
- What risks are you willing to take in the New Year?
- How can you step outside of your comfort zone?
- What big move do you need to take to achieve your New Year goals?
- What parts of your business make you the happiest? Which parts do you like the least?
- What can you outsource or delegate to focus on growing your business?
Bonus Tip: Keep a “shoebox” (physical or online) full of your accomplishments. Whenever you meet a roadblock in the future and struggle to move forward, you can reflect on an entire year’s worth of wins that confirm you’ve got this!
Wishing you all the best in the New Year–– the Mix+Shine Team.