The job description for Producer includes but is not limited to the following:
Hours: 8 hours a day, 6.50 hours billable to a client
Should work be meaningful, fulfilling and supported by people you enjoy spending time with every day?
We say YES.
When we talk about work, we want to be clear about what’s at stake: This is how you spend most of your time. There’s no room for box-checking at Mix+Shine because we are flexing our skills, celebrating each other, and stretching ourselves to discover exactly what our individual creative contributions can be.
Mix+Shine is made up of the most skilled, committed, and creative people out there. We are looking for another creative mind to complement our growing team with good instincts, a team mindset, and proven expertise in integrated marketing. Here’s what that person should know about us:
- We think a lot of each other. Our company is rooted in true admiration. We think that shows up everywhere – across communication, teamwork, compensation, and benefits.
- We’re all here to learn and grow. The bonus is you can do that *and* operate in your zone of genius at the same time.
- We believe in a secret recipe to doing award-winning work: It’s being willing to say, why not? when that genius idea hits you – then energizing, supporting and trusting your teammates until the idea is real.
- We love our craft. At Mix+Shine you will overhear discussion about the best minute of golden-hour, the virtue of the Oxford comma – and don’t get us started on the Instagram algorithm.
Social Video Producer and Content Shoot Coordinator
In this role, you will be responsible for creating and managing short-form video and photography across multiple client accounts. You excel in communicating a creative vision, and executing new ideas. You are a key collaborator working with account leads, social media managers and content creators on marketing campaigns, and your clients and colleagues describe you as a creative thinker who is able to bring a vision to life.
Our Ideal Candidate:
A Producer exhibits capabilities in the fundamentals of creative ideation, video capture and editing, and photostyling (photography skills a plus). A Producer has a passion for original and creative work that supports both brand identity and social media management.
A Producer is responsible for supporting account teams across the agency, including, but not limited to, bringing fresh content ideas to teammates, supporting campaigns and strategic initiatives, preparing client recommendations, organizing work, shooting and editing IG Reels/TikToks, reporting and documenting results, and establishing good working relationships with clients, and vendors. Producers are well versed in what performs well on social media and converts an audience, and also stays on top of social media trends and best practices to report back to teams regularly on algorithm updates and trending audios.
A Producer self-educates on the latest tools and techniques for social video capture, photography and social media. They are in full command of the technology and equipment (apps, lighting, etc.) used for video and photo creation and take meticulous care of these Mix+Shine assets.
In addition, the Producer keeps in regular contact with account leads to ensure they are supported in social video content creation. The Producer takes on an expert, but extremely collaborative role with account teams. Producers also help to educate teammates on best practices and editing advice for video capture.
The Producer is a critical agency resource and works well with new challenges and diverse teams.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Support the team in implementing social content strategy, with a focus on development and execution of social video and photo content
- Schedule and coordinate shoots from beginning to end working with account teams to make shoots seamless and fun while getting the output the client deserves
- Create relevant, real-time content, and be quick with trends and eager to create video content that engages the right target groups
- Plan, organize and direct content capture shoots for clients
- Create a welcoming, positive environment at all Mix+Shine engagements
- Chameleon into different brands to suit their voice, brand identity and team preferences
- Leverage the tools and features of the iPhone for content capture; understand best practices and establish new ones over time
- Develop an eye for great lighting & aesthetic
- Grow social media accounts and drive results for clients
- Work effectively in cross-functional teams to produce high-quality work that meets the client’s objectives
- Teach, mentor and advise colleagues on areas of expertise
- Support new business activity as needed and think about prospects to share with your supervisor or areas of current account growth
- Create content for Mix+Shine social media
- Prepare props lists and team support needs for content shoots
- Develop clear itineraries for shoots
- Brainstorm and implement creative strategy and execute for clients
- Exhibit leadership skills that inspire the confidence of supervisors, clients, direct reports, and colleagues
- Coach models and make team members comfortable on camera
- Support initiatives to promote the agency
- Manage and direct outside vendors
- Participate in a marketing/communications professional organization and/or a client industry trade organization and attend functions staged by these groups for the purpose of professional skills/knowledge development, agency promotion, and new business prospecting for M+S
- May manage assignments for team members at other levels, delegating assignments and being responsive to issues/concerns/workload of employees supervised
- Manage-up: Ensure your supervisors are doing their part so that your needs are being met and you are being supported in delivering upon your obligations to clients, colleagues, the media, business partners, etc.
- Travel for client meetings, shoots, and/or special events; for producers travel may be frequent
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in video/photography, communications, marketing, branding, and/or social media
- Healthcare and Food/Bev experience preferred; agency experience a plus
- Proven track record in managing integrated marketing campaigns
- Finds the fun in problem-solving
- Sufficient knowledge of social media trends and video editing tools, and how video and visuals impacts client goals
- Ability to create effective web and digital content and edit based on feedback from account team and clients
- Ability to communicate clearly (verbally and in writing)
- Time management skills
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to travel as needed
Send resume to email@example.com with the subject line: “APPLICATION: Social Content Shoot Producer”